Some listings have now been removed, original screen grabs below.
- A seller in Yorkshire selling bags of 20 floating pennywort strands (Hydrocotyle ranunculoides).
- An Australian seller offering to ship water fern (Azolla filiculoides) anywhere in the world, including the UK.
- One Polish vendor who has sold 53 clumps of parrot’s feather (Myriophyllum aquaticum), a water plant. The advertised shipping region was “worldwide”.
- The same plant on offer in Germany to anywhere in the EU. This advertisement notes customs restrictions outside the EU, but not in the UK.
- Latvian seller advertising sale of parrot’s feather into UK.
- UK seller advertising parrot’s feather (currently unavailable) for sale from warehouse in England.
The relevant UK legislation is the Wildlife and Conservation Act 1981, Section 14AZ.